Reminder about our parish masking policy
(issued February 10, 2021)
- Per the public health guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the PA Dept of Health, we ask that everyone wear a mask whenever they enter the church or hall. The only exception is those under 10 years of age (note CDC guidelines recommends this those over 2 years of age to wear masks). Masks are available in the church vestibule, as well as the hall vestibule and basement.
- We ask that all congregants wear their mask throughout the entire service, even when they have social distance.
- Our vestry persons will not “police” this policy but will rely upon each member of our parish to follow it to the best of their ability, knowing that there are those who are exempt (per CDC and Commonwealth guidelines). Congregants may have a physical or mental health need to remove their mask once they have social distance.
- Christian love, care, and grace are paramount for us as we deal with fellow members of our parish family, and our neighbors. It is “ok” to disagree with one another, but it is not “ok” to treat each other uncharitably or with disdain. As St. Paul reminds us: “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32 He also exhorts us: "Bear one another's burden's, and thus fulfill the law of Christ!" Galatians 6:2
- Finally, let us remember that this season of pandemic will one day be over. This is a temporary situation which is causing pain, stress, discomfort, and loss for us all. We are in this together - be gentle.